In 1946, Jasper Lumber Company was originally founded as Messmer Lumber Yard as a trim supplier. As we grew, in 1950, the current location at 1060 W 3rd Ave was built as a retail lumber yard serving the Jasper, Indiana community. Also, in the mid 50s the name was also changed to Jasper Lumber Co., Inc.
In the late 50s, Jasper Lumber Co., Inc. began residential and commercial construction, setting the seed for over 70 years of growth.
Jasper Lumber Company continued to serve as a construction material retail store until 1998 when the board of directors decided to shift focus to the substantially growing general construction division of the company. Consequently, we moved away from the retail lumber supply and transitioned to the multi-faceted design/build general contractor that we are today.
As the construction industry changed, new processes became popular due to their inherent success in project communication, financial economy, and streamlining of overall schedule from concept to completed project. As such, starting in 2000, Jasper Lumber company expanded its services to its customers and brought on a design team.
This decision to move away from retail sales also shifted the focus of our millwork division. We shifted from production manufacturing to the highly custom cabinetry and millwork product that we provide our customers today.
Today, Jasper Lumber Company is a leader in design/build and general construction in the Southern Indiana market and continuing to adapt, diversify, and grow.
Uniquely, Jasper Lumber Company employs over 50 skilled tradesmen and self performs the majority of the construction trades.